Across the nation, 23 states (along with the District of Columbia) have legalized the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
While states like California, Washington, and Colorado allow users to actually smoke marijuana, other states require patients to use marijuana-based drugs from a licensed marijuana dispensary. The two drugs that are approved for use are dronabinol and nabilone, and both are used primarily to treat nausea and boost appetite.
Already, medical marijuana is such a popular treatment option, probably because more than 94 million people in the United States have admitted to using pot at least once in their life. You may know some of the many health benefits that come with using medical marijuana, but here are some unconventional and unexpected uses of the marijuana plant to give you some inspiration.
So read up, then head to your nearest marijuana dispensary to try some out.
1. It can help you loose weight, as it regulates insulin production within the body and manages caloric intake.
2. It can help treat depression. Scientists have found substantial information that suggests marijuana can restore normal endocannabinoid levels within the brain. These neurotransmitters help to stabilize moods and lift the symptoms of depression.
3. Cannabis-based drugs have been shown to be helpful in treating violent mood swings in children with Autism.
4. Your bones will heal faster if they are broken, because cannabis reacts chemically with collagen, jump-starting the healing process.
5. For those that suffer from poor lung health or Emphysema, studies have shown that lung function has actually increased with consistent use of cannabis.
6. Marijuana can prevent the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
7. It can stop muscle spasms, as the chemicals in cannabis can calm those muscles and stop them from twitching. This is especially helpful for those who suffer from Multiple Sclerosis.
8. Regular marijuana use can help to regulate eating disorders, whether you eat too much or too little, this drug will help those suffering to be more mindful of their disease and to change their actions.
9. It can offer some men a natural cure for erectile dysfunction.
10. Cannabis oil is especially helpful for those who suffer from skin conditions, in particular eczema and rosacea.
No matter what you are planning on using it for, a marijuana dispensary will have whatever strains of marijuana you are looking for. From pineapple diesel, blue dream marijuana, and green queen, Greeley Gallery is the Portland dispensary you can trust.
Remember: everyone will react differently to marijuana products, and there’s no guarantee you will experience the medical benefits described above. Please consume marijuana responsibly.